Sunday, 18 February 2007

Welcome bloggers!

Hi there! I would officially like to welcome everyone to my FIRST blog! I hope you have as much fun on it as I have had setting it up and I invite you to join me as I get to know the intricacies of blogging. I am a novice, so bare with me as I learn the ropes!

For my first official entry, I thought that I would briefly explain the name I have chosen for my blog. "Clouds in my coffee" is actually a phrase sung in the Carly Simon song 'You're So Vain'. When I first heard the song, for some reason, that phrase struck a chord. For me, when I hear Carly Simon sing "I had some dreams there were clouds in my coffee" I get this image in my head of a woman sitting in her bathrobe at the kitchen table early in the morning, staring into her morning cup of coffee. Despite being trapped in the 9-5 daily rut of her working life, she still harbours childhood dreams and hopes for the future. I guess that kind've describes me in a way... oh and I am a little vain, so the title is quite apt!

No comments: