Tuesday, 13 March 2007

My first xhtml entry - hehe:)

This is my first official blog entry using html!


Hi all you bloggers out there, sorry I haven't been in touch for a while - work has been madness. I just thought that I would show off the practical skills that I have been learning in my new media lectures. The result is this: my first entry done solely in html


So, I have been very busy at the moment. We are starting to put together multimedia packages in preparation for Scifest that starts in Grahamstown on 21 March. For more information about Scifest you can go to Sasol Scifest. We will be working in groups of two to produce the following:



  1. 1 audio-slide story using Photoshop, Audacity and Soundslides

  2. 2 multimedia feature packages (which may include a combination of text
    and/or photos and/or audio)

  3. 3 experiential blogs focused on following areas
    Reporting on conferences and events
    The vagaries of reporting Science
    Multimedia journalism - first impressions and lessons learned


So, I am in for a busy next few weeks (eesh). But, I'm looking forward to it. It is going to be a new and exciting experience


Well, I'm off to bed to get some much needed sleep


Ciao

No comments: