Saturday, 24 March 2007

SciFest Diary - Day 3

So, day 3 has gone well. The only problem is that it is still going and it is actually now Scifest day 4. I am officially buggered as Hayley and I work to get our first package in.

The day started with our final interview for the "Makana Weighty Issues" article with Rhodes University Health Suite Manager Janet Kelly. She was really helpful and allowed us to take photographs at the gym for our self-help photographic slideshow. I also popped into Pick 'n Pay to get pictures of people buying food. I also popped into Wallace's Pharmacy to get pictures of dietary supplements. Hayley and I met at 13:30 to take gym photos and then made our way up to the monument to watch Stephan's lecture on hypnosis. We then conducted a short interview with him, but found him a tad evasive (and a tad touchy feely) so we opted to interview Masters Psychology student Greg Wilmot. Our questions were focused on issues of hypnotherapy and whether or not psychologists see hypnosis as a potential healing tool for people with mental problems.

After the lecture and interviews we headed to our news meeting and this is where I am currently sitting. I have learnt this evening that not only are my audio and photography skills lacking, but I have just found out that my writing skills are severely pedestrian. Oh, the horror! Oh well, you live you learn and I am slowly starting to make peace with the fact that i need to open myself up to learning.

This has been a long and tedious process, recording audio, putting the photo slideshow together, writing and re-writing and once again re-writing the article, checking facts, blogging as part of my assignment - it has been hectic. I am now off to bed and will return at 9:45 roughly 7 and a bit hours from now for our news brief for the box car derby. Good Times!

Night all*

No comments: